Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I think yahoo put my email address on a spam list. How do I get them to remove it?

I run a community website and users have to register to obtain access to forums, chats, user profiles, and more. We have several hundred members right now and from time to time send out newsletters to them.... all of which bounce at the yahoo addresses. Lots of new users have yahoo.com addresses. A verification code is mailed out when somebody registers, but most yahoo users never get this verification code and therefore cannot complete registration. Now we have been trying to get around this by having members send an email to me so I could manually verify them, but we have been now been hearing that those emails are being returned to them too. My email is a working address. This is really screwing things up for me. I sent a test email from my yahoo.com email address to my website's email address and it was returned to me as well. I have no idea who to contact at yahoo to remedy the situation. Can somebody please help?
I think yahoo put my email address on a spam list. How do I get them to remove it?
Most of the sites I've registered for tell me to add them to my email "allow" list or contact list so that the verification email will end up in my inbox, where it belongs. Having this information on your site would help, though I can see that not everyone will take the time to add the address.





Once every thing in my inbox disappeared without my doing anything to make that happen and I called Yahoo! for some tech help. The help was not free, but it wasn't expensive either and I did end up DoesYahoo have a Tech support number?


Go hegetting the emails back--I'd called in the nick of time. I'll try to find the number I used and get it to you.





Add: I searched for a phone number for you and found several, mostly in Yahoo Answers questions similar to yours. Here are some of them:


# How can I reach tech support other than online?


If you are a premium (paid) Yahoo! user, you can get phone support by calling 1-408-349-1572. However, if you are a free user and call that number, you will be directed to the online help located at http://help.yahoo.com


Best Answer - Chosen by users


# What's the phone number for Yahoo! tech support?


Try 1-866-800-8092 and hold the phone away from your ear! That annoying Y-A-H-O-O song plays loud at the beginning of the phone menu.


Best Answer - Chosen by users


Yahoo Customer Care team: 866 924-66 76


...


I hope one of these helps.
scottish name

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

email list Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting