Monday, October 12, 2009

How do I remove my email address from a black list?

A friend of mine told me me that my email was rejected by his spam guard and that this may mean that my address has been used by spammers and may have been included in some black list as a consequence. I didn't even know about the exsistence of black lists. What should I do?
How do I remove my email address from a black list?
There are two options, but the odds are low. The first is to have your friend attempt to add your address to a "whitelist". Many email services allow their users some degree of control over spam filters, and whitelists are there to ensure that all email from specific addresses is admitted. Your address could have been added without being compromised in any way. Maybe it's from a domain that generates a lot of spam, or something in your username sets off spam flags. Either way, if you friend can add it to a whitelist, you're golden.





The other would be to contract the admins of the email service in question and ask them to unblock your account. This is highly unlikely to work, as admins are busy people and aren't too friendly to requests of this nature.
Reply:Tell HIM to add your email address as a friend. That's if he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

email list Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting