Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I am new to computers. How do you white-list a website or email?

Let's just say that I want to keep an email or website from going to my spam file. I want to make it my safe list.
I am new to computers. How do you white-list a website or email?
It depends on the program or webmail system you are using to check your email. Most programs offer "filters" or a Safe List in their Settings menu. For instance, Google's Gmail service will allow you to create a filter that specifies mail that shouldn't be marked as spam. Windows Live Hotmail has a Safe List in its settings and also uses your Contact List to assist in filtering spam. In general, adding addresses you're expecting email from to your Contact List is an effective method to make sure you receive mail from that contact. Some services will also offer a "Mark as Spam" or "This Is Not Spam" button you can use to denote misplaced email. Using this functionality helps spam filters better determine what's spam and what isn't.





I hope this general advice helps. If you can, feel free to add additional details to your question, such as what program or web service you're using to check email, so that myself or another user can give you more specific advice.
Reply:Add it to address book in your email address

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

email list Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting